Friday, December 9, 2011

September 17th and 18th 2011

Nurnberg
September 17th
I departed on my first solo journey in Europe. I was nervous about the trains- missing one or getting lost. So i decided to go to Nurnberg because it is only about an hour away and has no train changes on the route. I made it into Nurnberg around 9am on Saturday. I walked into the walled city feeling victorious and sat down at a precious little coffee shop for a while. After that i began walking and shopping. I bought some shirts at H&M. After all the walking my feet hurt super bad from my flats so i bought some shoes and they didn't help a whole lot. I walked to the imperial castle and walked on top of the wall of the city. It was all precious. This is a beautiful city. Around 5:30 i went to find my hostel and check in (my first time staying in a hostel). All was successful and i went to my all girl room. I walked in to 3 lovely english girls. I got settled while we talked. They are all 21 as well and interning for puma. They invited me out with them that night and we all got ready. From the hostel we went to the apartment of some of their co-workers and then set off on an hour long walk to the club in the rain. The dancing here is so different than in the states. They don't touch each other. The next morning i woke up and got ready to go. I made my train and arrived home safely. I was so proud of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment