Saturday, December 10, 2011

Frankfurt


Frankfurt
November 19th 2011
Woke up at 3 am to go with the letchers at 4:00 to Frankfurt (4 hour drive) to pick up keith and sandy. I took the train (s bahn) from the airport to where my hostel was for the night. I have a knack for finding hostels in red light districts. But I made it there, fairly easily dropped my bags and began exploring Frankfurt. Near my hostel was pretty shady so my first impression was a little bad but I found the good parts. They were setting up for the Christmas market. The weather was perfect.
Im in Frankfurt because when planning my trip to Dublin I coordinated my flights with keith and sandy’s flights so that the letchers wouldn’t have to drive to the airport twice. Keith and sandy told me that they were coming Sunday the 20th-Sunday the 27th. But apparently they read something wrong and were coming the 19th-28th so I decided to just stay in Frankfurt to make things easier.
I am excited about Dublin. A little nervous about going alone and being out of place but still excited. In Frankfurt I saw an occupy Frankfurt thing going on. It made me laugh a little. I thought that was only going on in the states. I am going to try to stay up till dark and then get some sleep since I have been up so long. Wonderful day in Frankfurt though. Im glad I did a day here. I spent some time sitting in a park on the river and walking around looking at the beautiful architecture around Frankfurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment