Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ireland

Ireland
November 23rd 2011
Woke up at the butt crack of dawn (4:50am) to get ready to go on my cliffs of moher day tour. Had to curl my hair in the hall at 5:30 am because there are no plugs in the room and everyone was sleeping.
Got to the pick up point with plenty of time to spare. I was worried the bus wouldn’t come or that I was in the wrong place. But it did come. The tour went into Galway and had some really interesting stops at abandoned churches and buildings. We ate lunch in doolin which is a tiny little fishing town. The seafood chowder was probably the best soup I have ever had. Then we went to the cliffs of moher. They were gorgeous. Huge. It was cold and very windy. I can totally see how someone could fall off. The wind pushes you around. I loved the country side there and on the way back. I definitely saw some of what I wanted to see.
I had planned to try and skype with the family while they were at grandmamas for thanksgiving dinner but she didn’t have wifi so it didn’t work out.
It was jackies last night so we went to a few pubs. I accepted a marriage proposal from an old crazy guy.

The showers in this hostel suck. The water stays on for about 30 second and then turns off. And you cant control the temperature.





November 24th 2011
Thanksgiving day (for me)
Thanksgiving this time last year I was cooking for family dinners because aunt tiana was pregnant with Nathaniel and on bed rest. I was living at will and marys and now im in Ireland. I wanted to stay close to the hostel today because the family is having lunch at grannys and I wanted to skype them. I walked around after breakfast and booked a day trip to giant’s causeway tomorrow. I walked around some more and went to st. stephens green (a beautiful park) and watched ducks for a while before going back to the hostel to eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I got to skype with the family later. It was so sweet. I got to see Nathaniel then went to sleep early for my tour in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment