Saturday, April 6, 2013

Home.







In the past 608 days I have visited 14 new countries, met people who have forever changed my life, and learned so very much about who I am and who I want to be. I’ve had incredible days filled with exploring, wonder and the best food I’ll ever have; I have also had some of my lowest days. This experience has been amazing, and I am extremely grateful to everyone who’s been involved, especially my parents and the Letchers, for their constant unwavering support, love and guidance that not only gave me the confidence to embark on this adventure, but to make the most of it.
Now, it’s time for me to go home. There are many reasons for this, but it can be best explained by saying that after all of my travels, there is no where in the world I’ve found that I’d rather call home than where my family is. Knowing exactly where my home spot is, and that it will be waiting for me with open arms when I return has given me the ability to wander as I have this past year and a half. I will return home and become more grounded than I have been recently, although I will carry with me the adventurous spirit that I have found within myself and I will continue exploring and traveling in a different way.
When I get home I plan to get back into taking classes as soon as I can, maybe even this summer, find a job, and spend as much time with my family as possible, especially sweet Nathaniel who was 6 months old when I left and is now two. If I regret anything about taking this chance and moving to Europe, it is missing his first precious years. I will eat chick fil a daily for at least a month, and I will never again take advantage of the ability to have it whenever I want. I will spend at least a week at the beach with my wonderful grandparents and finally start the biker gang we’ve been planning on creating for years. I will shamelessly live with my mommy and daddy for the first few months of my return simply because I want nothing more than to see them every day as much as possible. I will walk the isles of target on a Sunday because I CAN. I realize my plan is incomplete, and that stresses me out more than you could know, which is why I choose to avoid talking about these changes as much as possible, and why I am writing about it in a blog instead of calling each of you and explaining. I don’t have answers to the questions you will ask. I don’t have a definite plan, and I hate that. However, I know I will figure it all out in time.
I will arrive in Atlanta on Tuesday April 23rd. In my time left before that, I will be traveling to Belgium, The Netherlands, and a few cities in Germany. Then, the week before my flight, my lovely friend Britny (whom has been absolutely incredible to me these past few months, opening her home to me and offering her care and friendship that I cannot thank her and her husband Michael enough for. I truly would not have been able to get through the past month without them) and I will be going to London. I will be making the most of my last two weeks living in this beautiful country and return home with empty pockets and a full journal. See you soon, Georgia.



1 comment:

  1. Hannah love,

    You inspire me with your life- your courageous spirit, receptivity to whatever God's path holds, and of course most importantly, your love for and devotion to your sweet, sweet family. I can't wait to see you, and until then, enjoy! Target and CFA will patiently await you.

    Sending my love across the seas to someone without whom my life would not be as it is today. Recalling memories from the campground, Christmases at Mother Kings and birthday parties under the summer sun swells my heart with joy and thanksgiving to the God that gave me the gift of this family.

    I love you!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete